Sunday, March 31, 2013

2016 Presidential Nominations

I am removing Bobby Jindal from my list of candidates for the 2016 Republican Presidential nomination for now. While he is working diligently in his state to pass the kinds of laws that he believes the Republican establishment want, he isn't gaining any traction. He is also receiving tremendous unanswered push-back from Democrats, Independents, and even some Republicans.

This doesn't pub Governor Bobby Jindal out of the running by any means. What it does mean is that he will have to find a way to gain some traction at least with the Republican party before he can be considered a viable candidate for President in 2016.

That leaves me tracking the following people:

  • Rand Paul
  • Marco Rubio
  • Paul Ryan
I am considering adding the following people to my tracking:

  • Chris Christie
  • Jeb Bush
Jeb Bush hasn't seemed to really give any indication that he is working on a Presidential run, but he doesn't have to at this point. He has the name recognition and it seems like a possibility.

I think Chris Christie would make a good candidate if he could only get past the Republican primary. The down side is that he hasn't been able to generate the kind of enthusiasm in Republicans necessary to get any traction even if he has generated minor enthusiasm among conservative Democrats and Independents.

For the time being, I will continue to postpone a decision on whether to add Chris Christie and Jeb Bush to the tracking list until I see whether they generate more news cycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment