Monday, February 25, 2013

To This Day Project - Shane Koyczan

It is difficult for me to find words to express myself after watching this video. It covers the experience that so many of us found ourselves in while we were growing up and going to school. Please, whether you were a victim of bullying or not, take a moment and watch this video. There are people out there that are suffering like this every day.



I, personally, didn't suffer as bad as Shane Koyczan. My experience in school was more along the lines of ostracisation. Every time I tried to interact with other people I was viciously put in my place. They let me know that I wasn't welcome, that I wasn't one of them, and I would never fit in with them. I ended up spending all my time alone waiting for my chance to get away from that place.

The volume of your suffering doesn't matter. Some people suffer more than others throughout school. What matters is that we try to stop all the suffering and bullying. We as a society owe it to ourselves and the future generations to see that no one is allowed to devalue other people, especially the most vulnerable of us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment