Monday, February 25, 2013

White House Petition Returned to Zero Count?

What the hell is going on over there at the White House petition site? Are they having some kind of technical failure? Recently a petition was posted to prohibit religious institutions from mandating any care decisions that rightfully belong between a patient and Doctor. I thought it was an excellent petition, and it was well on its way to reaching the required 100,000 signatures required for the White House to respond. Now, at the time of this writing, the signature count has been returned to just eight.
I never thought there was really anything that the government could do regarding the Catholic insistence of buying up all the hospitals, but I hoped it would gain some traction and maybe make the news. But with eight total signatures, no news organization is going to pay any attention to this at all.
I don't think there is any kind of ulterior motives behind the resetting of the petition count. Actually, I suspect that it was some type of computer error that lost the current signatories. Whatever the reason, I hope there is some IT people around to look into the problem and try to recover the lost signatures.
In the mean time we all need to go back to the petition and sign it. I assume that since the count has been zeroed, there will be no problem with signing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment